Choking Relieve & Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Baby.
Infant and children often want to explore the world by putting the object in their mouth. Small objects such as marble, beads, button and small toys are right sizes to get stuck in infant or child’s airway which lead to choking. We all hope we’ll never be put in the position
of having to save a baby’s life, but it could happen. Too often, parents panic and are unsure of what to do to when faced with such situation.
This class will equip you with skill and knowledge detecting the infant/child choking and relieve them from choking. Unrelieved choking will lead to unconsciousness which you will need to perform CPR.
Attending First Aid to Relieve Choking and CPR Class for Parents:
- Gives you the confidence and not to panic when facing emergency situation like the above mentioned
- Prepare you to act immediately if your baby suffocate/choke due to food or objects.
- Equip you with knowledge and skill to resuscitate your baby during emergency.
Please understand that this program does not lead to CPR certification, but is designed specifically for parents to be prepared for what to do in an emergency.
This 4 hour hands-on class explains the basics of first aid for choking and CPR for infant and children
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), is a lifesaving technique. The aim is to keep the blood and oxygen flowing through the body when an infant/child’s heartbeat and breathing has stopped. Recognizing and reliving choking in infant and child essential in caring for
infant and child. Reliving choking and CPR can be performed by any trained person. CPR involves external chest compressions and rescue breathing. The purpose of CPR is to keep oxygenated blood flowing around the body to keep the vital organs alive. CPR does not only save lives but it also allows the infant/child to recover without sustaining any permanent brain damage.
This class teaches the participants to provide high-quality chest compressions and deliver appropriate ventilation to save the victim. The Course adapts latest American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines (2015).
Objective of the class:
Upon completion of the class, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the concept of reliving choking and CPR needs in infant and child.
2. Assess emergency situations and activate the emergency medical services response team.
3. Know basic understanding of emergency action principals (DR CAB).
4. Demonstrate knowledge and skill of reliving choking and CPR in infant and child.
Whom Should Attend:
Perfect for Parents & Grandparents
- Step by step guidance
- Video show
- Hands-on experience
- Highly engaging presentation.
- Interactive and fun
- 1/2 day training (9 am- 1 pm).
Instructor: Certified BLS Instructor
Class Dates: 07 Oct 2017
Fees: RM198 per person. Get 25% off if you’re bringing spouse, parents or friends.